Post Cyber Crop Exhaustion!

Phew! I'm all scrapped out! Had a fab time cyber cropping this weekend, many thanks to the hostesses and the girls who created the class projects too. Not done them all YET but have had a crack at most of them. I spent far too long on my altered frame project but I was enjoying myself so much!
And talking about this fits in nicely with Kara's blog challenge to talk about a new product. Well this was created using decopatch papers (which I bought from The Card Fairy but they aren't on their website). This is a 15x9" frame from the charity shop, originally painted silver. I sanded, applied the torn up decopatch papers with modge podge then painted over with gold paint to tone down the original cerise colour of the tissue. Lots of stamping with Stazon (I really didn't think I had so many stamps to choose from!), then embellished with Chipboard letters (Rusty Pickle and Heidi Swapp) which had been painted burgundy then gold (letters left gold, the C and scroll were swiped with red stazon for contrast), a bit of organza ribbon and some flowers. The inside of the frame is some Junkitz patterned paper with swirls stamped in Versamark and chalked over. And there is me and Len on our wedding day - twenty years ago come next month!

The Decopatch papers are so incredibly pretty and really easy to work with. They are a surprisingly strong tissue paper and come in so many different patterns. You can get special glues but my Modge Podge seemed to work just fine. I am definitely going shopping for more of these and perhaps some more mdf blanks to tart up too!

Oh and I won a prize at the cybercrop for this frame, which I'm pretty chuffed about, some lovely artists trading card products, courtesey of the Crafteire event organisers (many many thanks!)

Whilst I had all the messy stuff out I also had a go at Clare's altered canvas class. I loved the painting and stamping and created a photo canvas board (from Poundland) in girly colours. I have blanked out the face of Chiara's friend as she is in long term foster care - the courts have passed her for adoption so she will be moving away some time. Chiara will find this really hard as her last close friend emigrated to New Zealand. This board is to give to the friend and I shall make another one with more purples in it to match the colours in Chiara's new bedroom. (sigh, can't get any more images loaded on blogger so will try another time).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this frame. Well done on winning a prize, much deserved :)
Karen x

Sue Jones said...

I agree with Anam..stunning as usuall.
I have tagged you ( questions on my blog) no worries if you don't have time to play :)

Susan said...

LOVE that frame, it is stunning!

jakey said...

Wow! how gorgeous is that frame - beautifully done!

jk x