Ba Humbug - the layout that didn't want to be done!

Been having real trouble getting onto blogger and uploading pics, then just posting what I had got ready was a job that got pushed to the bottom of the pile. So really this is all about last Saturday!

Had another great time at the Stoke crop, nice to meet up again with Kathryn, Fran and Bevsie and the others (Happy Birthday wishes to Chris – thanks for the muffins!). And thanks to Julie for giving me a lush piece of BG cardstock to go with a layout I started there.

I re-did the layout for the BG sketch challenge. Very peeved because the Making Memories velvet stickers just would not budge and obviously I had used all the appropriate words on the layout I was ditching. I started using the BG letter stickers to match the paper but then the didn’t show up well against the pattern so I splodged paint over them and removed the stickers to show the negative space underneath and outlined in pen for definition. And this layout really was destined to trouble me. Started my journaling on the photo and the pen packed up part way through and had no other pen which matched the writing. Thanks to Kathryn’s suggestion, I sandpapered the old writing off and started again. Unfortunately the second pen had a more bold tip and I couldn’t fit all the journaling on. Luckily adding in another sticker word IF joined the top part and the bottom part together just fine. The stamp at the top right hand corner is a Heidi Swapp one stamped in paint, then gold versamark and finally chalked over. And I raided my button box again. I’m chuffed to have rediscovered a love for adding buttons to my layouts. I have hundreds so this is no bad thing. The letter stickers on the photo are by Creative Imaginations and were part of my fabby pizza box bargain at Scrapaganza in May.

I’m attributing this layout to several challenges (is this cheating too much, surely I’m not the only one to do this?) UKS August Week 2 challenge (minus the numberplate title and mini book), Scrap That Moment bi weekly challenge (to use label holders), and the BG August sketch.
I did have lots more to say at the time, but the news is old hat now so will just start afresh tomorrow!

8 comments:

joanna said...

Ooh, Suzanne - I LOVE Blue Oyster Cult!!! Lovely layout - LOVE the big swirly arrow :)

Kirsty Wiseman said...

your layouts are always a delight sue, i wish I had more time to "play"

Clare said...

well I know Im biased as always but Im glad you stuck at it! its a lush LO :-)

Lisa said...

Fab layout, love the big arrow. Glad you had a good time at the crop, hopefully see you on Sat at the HH crop.

Sue Jones said...

Love your lo . LOL I always cheat and try to do more than one challenge with one LO if poss!

Yizz said...

I tried to comment yesterday but had lost all my cookies. I love the LO - and I'm glad I came back today because the music is fab!!!
BTW where do I find the BG sketch challenges?

scrapdolly said...

Loved the page Suzanne and I think it is fab to attribute it to several challenges - sounds like good time management to me

scrapdolly said...

Hope the comment worked - seemed to vanish!