Not so productive few days

Okay finally got this place to accept the photo of my altered canvas board I did last weekend again (see my post further down). I really had fun doing this so thanks to Clare for the great instructions on how to achieve the effects. Sorry for the big circle instead of the face, but needs must!

Been very lazy this week. I have done a layout but made a hash of things by adding in some penwork (should have known better!) I used the free Blitzen papers from The Scrapbook Magazine and they are just perfect for the page. Unfortunately I have decided I can't live with it how it is so am going to re-do it at crop tomorrow. I don't have these papers left so am going to give it a whirl using BG Skate Shoppe instead; a pity because the little bits of red in the Blitzen really worked well with the photo. I've based the page on the sketch from the BG newsletter for August and also the latest weekly challenge on UK Scrappers. Have managed to get some label holders in there too, to meet a challenge on Scrap That Moment. So three challenges in one layout. Hopefully I will be uploading it tomorrow after crop!

I've taken the kids to the cinema twice this week. First time it was Josh and his friend to watch Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Great special effects but I wasn't as wowed as I expected to be (though the boys were) and as I get seasick I had to cover my eyes a few times just to stop motion sickness from setting in (really!).

Second time I took all three, plus Josh's friend again (who was on sleepover) to watch Monster House (Orange Wednesday again). Poor Mia was really scared so she was on my knee all the time. I think this was more scary than POTC2. I hadn't realised that PG meant an age suitability rating of 8 as a guideline! I was worried my girlies would have nightmares, but thankfully not.

And today we have trawled around Derby searching for curtains for Chiara's new bedroom. An absolute nightmare. Just where do you go to buy curtains nowadays? I think we may have to resort to some from Next though, typically, they have to be put on special order. Same with the bedroom furniture from Homebase. Oh but I did manage to buy the bathroom fitments for the bathroom in the new extension, in the Debenhams sale, plus a lovely new towel for Josh's swimming lessons (original price £14, sale £4.20!).

Off to crop at Stoke tomorrow, looking forward to meeting my lovely friend Kathryn and the others there again.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Love the canvas Suzanne, the colours are lovely. Hope you have a good time at the crop.

Anonymous said...

love your canvas! sounds like you've been busy this weekend. Hope you have fun at the crop. I can't wait to see all you do!

Lyzzydee said...

I have just had the same problem with curtains, I think the internet has taken over the worlds and you can't get anything at the shops anymore!

Jen said...

OOh have fun at the crop! Loving the canvas.

Anonymous said...

Suzanne I probably have that bit of Blitzen you need let me know the what the pattern is and I can send it off to you.

Dawn