Pulled an All Nighter!

I don't know how I managed it. I went to bed 4.30am yesterday morning and was up by 10am and as of now (9.20am) I haven't been to bed. Will admit to starting to feel a little tired though, so may have a nap until lunchtime.

Anyhow, I was so fired up by all the challenges I'd found I didn't want to stop. I did slow down significantly mind you.

I'm going to have to update all the challenge blogs on my favourites list. I did a trawl over the weekend and LOTS of them had gone. On the other hand, I have found quite a few new to me.

I've mentioned Scrapbook Challenges and Creative Scrappers in the previous posts. Well now I've found another Scrap and Stamp. Yep. Challenges to include stamping on your layouts. I'm up for this one! This week is to scrap either a Summer layout or to use Summer colours.


I created this layout to fit in with another couple of challenges at Hero Arts and Two Peas. One being to use cardstock only. Literally. Heck this must be THE hardest layout I have ever done. It took me hours of faffing. Okay, not helped by the time of night, but even more not helped by lack of patterned papers or ANY embellishments. I wanted bling! I really, really wanted bling! But I managed to stay strong and I stuck to cardstock, ink, stamps, heat embossing, punches and die cuts.

The die cut flowers are from Marianne Creatables and the fancy label is a Nestabilities die. I used Hero Arts stamps (All Occasion Messages, Thoughtful Messages, Four Bold Messages and Write Your Own - the ledger stamp). I guess you can say I like Messages stamps :) Oh and I used a couple of punches, my truly loved photo corner punch and the Fiskars Apron Lace punch.

4 comments:

Jane said...

that sounds a good challenge might make me actually open up some stamps!!

Lisa F said...

Love this! Love all the flowers - great use of the stamps

anne g-i said...

amazing - loved the layered photo corners! you may have struggled but the result is wow!

Patricia Folchert said...

Great color choices and love the embossing! Thanks for playing along at Scrap & Stamp!