Promarker initiation

I have succumbed. To Promarkers. I tried for a long while not to, but, you know, the colours are all so gorgeous! I have found the Passion for Promarkers blog and will be working my way through all the wonderfully helpful workshops they have on there. I'm not an arty person (which is different from being a crafty person) - I have no idea of putting into practice perspective, shadows or highlights, so I can see me becoming a bit frustrated at my shortcomings (hence the need to follow the workshops!).


Anyhow, this is my first Promarker coloured image - it's a Sugar Nellie stamp - Blossom by Leanne Ellis. These stamps are so pretty and bold and simple enough for a novice like me to colour in. The sentiments stamp is from a Hero Arts message set, edger punch is Apron Lace by Fiskars, oval and oval scallop punches by Stampin' Up and the scalloped rectangle is a Nestabilities die. The patterned paper and die cuts are one of my favourite paper ranges - Dutch Girl by Cosmo Cricket - probably classed as vintage now in scrapbooking terms! I bought lots of it as I thought it would work well for the kids school photos. So far I've only scrapped one page ...


Promarkers colours used:
Cool Aqua and Duck Egg (dress)
Red and Crimson (flowers, with blending pen to lighten them a bit)
Leaf Green
Burnt Sienna, Cocoa, Spice and Coral (hair)
Ice Grey 1 (to outline)

I've added liquid pearls to the flower centres and stickles to the dress and used
Broken China and Vintage Photo distress inks for inking edges.


The card meets several challenges:
Split Coast Stampers colour challenge (red, bermuda blue and kraft)
Passion for Promarkers
Crafty Cardmakers (decorate inside the card)
Etsy Inspired (inspired by this)
Split Coast Stampers free for all challenge (buttons - inside the card)
Fresh Brewed Designs (red, white and blue)
My Time to Craft (vivid)
Stamping for the Weekend (to cheer someone up)
Sugar Nellie challenge at Split Coast Stampers (blossoms)

25 comments:

Tracy said...

Gorgeous card Suzanne, and fab colouring, hard to believe it's your first attempt.
Thanks for joining in with our PfP 1st anniversary challenge, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Suzanne, and welcome to the world of PRoMarkers ! Thanks for joining us at PFP. Sue C x

made by fifi said...

fab cards - thanks for joining in MTTC challenge this week x

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful card Suzanne, can't believe it is your first go with Promarkers. Debs xx

Ashley Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the colors and the buttons! Did you know that hearts are my favorite? I ADORE how you used them here! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh Suzanne, this is stunning! I LOVE That shade of blue. It is quite possibly my favorite! (I can never choose an actual favorite, I love color!) Gorgeous ink distressing, the red makes it pop. Thank you so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!!!

Crafting Queen said...

Love the colour combination, great card. Anesha

Wiccababe said...

have to agree with the other girls - you've done great
many thanks for joining in with our anniversary celebrations at pfp this week and fingers crossed for winning one of those fantastic prizes
Debbi
xx

Mags said...

Great cards! Love the colors and the little red flowers.

Linda said...

Suzanne just love your colours on this one. I know what you mean about promarkers. I was going to stick to my water colour pencils but once I had tried them well as they say the rest is history!!
Good luck in the challenges

Julie said...

Beautiful - and wow to the first attempt! Are you sure!! LOL! Thanks for joining in with the celebrations at PfP this week - best of luck! Juliexx

Di said...

How beautiful i love your colours that you have used its so pretty!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Big Hugs Di xxx

Vixykins said...

That is soooo pwetty inside and out! Love the turquoise with the distressing, really draws your eye to the centre, lovely work x

Thank you for playing at Crafty Cardmakers challenge x

Vix

PS... I also have some promarker tutorials on my personal blog too x

Mary Marsh said...

I really like your card and the coloring of your sweet image is fab-I saw your card on scs and wondered about the promarkers-off to check out that blog-I too am a craft person and not artsy-learning to color now with prismacolor pencils

Kathryn said...

beautiful card, can't believe that's your first attempt!

Anja´s kortkreasjoner said...

Really sweet card and love your colouring.
Thanks for joining us for the PfP anniversary challenge, good luck.
Hugs Anja

de said...

Love your card! The color combo and inside are amazing!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Suzanne, what a pretty card. Love the cute image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our anniversary challenge over at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Debs said...

WOW fabulous card....thanks for joining us for our anniversary celebrations at PFP ... good luck!! ...Debs

Julie Riley said...

Very pretty love the image thanks for joining us at crafty cardmakers x

Emma said...

Wow such a gorgeous card, I love the colours and the hearts inside.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x

xxxtglxxx said...

I think this is stunning Suzanne! :) An excellent first attempt at wielding the pro-markers! Great image, super colours, and a really nice design. Well done! xx

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Suzanne. Love the colouring of the image and the details also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

crafty amy said...

Wow this is such a great card I love the colour combo and you have made me want to ink this stamp up again :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx

Di said...

WOW this is gorgeous! i love your colours and the hearts are fab!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs di x x