I bought sample tins of paint from the DIY store and masked off an area to paint this beautiful green border. Green is my favourite colour, plus I wanted a colour scheme that wasn't too girly girly. Given that green is also Josh's favourite colour it seemed a good choice. Plus it matched the colours in these gorgeous Scenic Route Lauren papers.
The brackets were a bit of a faff. I printed one off the computer then resized it in several sections, pieced those together, cut them out and traced and cut out from some big sheets of mountboard from Hobbycraft. They were painted and then the edges doodled with marker pen for definition.
The Play and Work words are Making Memories which I covered with the patterned papers. Then decided that they weren't bold enough. So started the very time consuming task of adhering them to black cardstock and handcutting a margin around.
I used PSE2 and made a sketch of the project before I started to get an idea of photo placement so I knew what size photos to print out. I really don't usually work to plan, but on a project of this size and in the time scale I had to work to, I think it really helped.
The next round of MMI is especially challenging for many reasons, not least of which that I haven't started yet (though haven't stopped thinking about it) and we are away for the weekend which means I have to upload by tomorrow night. Time to clear the desk and get started I think!