On the Up

Thanks for everyone's best wishes. I woke up feeling a lot better today, managed to drag myself out of bed at gone 10.30 am so I think the extra sleep helped in my revival.

Had a pretty lazy day, some household chores followed by a couple of hours just tidying up in the office/craft room. Even so, things aren't looking too straight as I simply have too much stuff for the storage I have in here. And even worse, I've made a huge mess again as I've started work on a new page.

I've been inspired to play after visiting Maxine Hazebroeke's blog. Oh WOW isn't her work just divine! (rhetorical question, I fail to see how anyone can contradict me on that one!)

I first discovered Maxine's work in one of the first scrapping books I bought "Celebrate" with the For Keeps 2004 Elite Team. I just love her textural, lumpy bumpy, chic style. There is such an incredible amount of work involved in her pages. I could never emulate because I am simply way too lazy in my scrapbooking!

Anyhow I was totally inspired to get my stuff out and have a play. I particularly loved the shimmery background of the Shine canvas and went rooting my old stash to find a piece of shimmery blue paper that must have been one of the first things I ever bought (in fact I have had to rescue it from the *the kids can have this stuff* pile) and also uncovered another beautiful piece of paper from the same place. As usual I've got the photo and papers in place now just figuring out what else to do. But I can say that I love these old papers I've dug out.

So go on, go back through your stash and create a page with at least one piece of paper that you have had since your first foray into scrapbooking. I'll be back to upload my own creation when I have finished it. I'd love to see what you do too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! her work is amazing Suzanne, off to have a closer look at all of her other work. Thanks for pointing me in her direction, it's very inspiring (not that my stuff will look like that but bits might!!)

Unknown said...

Max is fab I totally agree - she is a lovely lady too - I only wish I could scrap like that :)