LONG TIME, NO SCRAP

Well I have a fair few I've started over the past month or so, but, as ever, mojo deserted me halfway through them all. Scrapbooking is rather like cross stitching for me - I love the colours and designs and starting out with a blank canvas, then tend to lose interest half way through. So I simply put my pages to one side and mull about them in my mind for a while before coming back with the finishing touches. You see I can get the cardstock, patterned paper and photo down pretty nifty now. But the titling, journalling and embellishing is what takes much more thinking about.

This one is an old photo from when Josh was a lot younger, at the stage in his life where his Dad was his World. It's another one that meets two challenges, the Ali E Challenge #9 on Annie's blog (to use clear buttons) and also the colour challenge for September on Scrap That Moment (I just love those challenges and I am really going to go for getting them all done this month, need to get a move on mind!)

I finally got around to using these KI Memories papers I have had for an age, love all the quotes which I cut out from one of the sheets, Li'l Davis chipboard letters and 7 Gypsies clear buttons (I stamped a heart under the button and on the button for extra depth and sewed on with black thread to match). The wonderful circular text stamps are one of my latest purchases and are designed by Danelle Johnson for Limited Edition. I spied them at the Card Fairy on my last visit and my will power was, well, nil!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layout!!
Congrats on the mag design team. Mandy is great and sounds like a fab bunch of ladies! Good for you!!