The proof is in the pudding

For real and metaphorically.

Finished the pages I talked about yesterday. Two had previously been shared - one needed journalling in the little booklet and another needed the journalling block typed out and overlaid on the original one (I had photo'd it as it just began to rain and the ink got smudged).

These are the other four though. All started ages ago - at least a year - either on holiday or at crop.


A real mix of manufacturers on this one.
Patterned papers - Making Memories, Cloud 9, Sassafrass
Alphabet stickers - Little Yellow Bicycle, Adornit
Phrase sticker - 7Gypsies
Rub-ons - Doodlebug
Journal Block - Creative Imaginations
Scalloped edge scissors - Fiskars
Buttons and brads


The journal tags were created by using a font called CBX Tags (from a fonts cd collection). I used WordArt and created a fill and line in slightly different colours to give some interest to the labels. Printed and cut them out. If I had figured out print and cut on my Craft Robo I may have been able to make this task easier! The fonts are Cookie and Adorable Illusion.

This next one uses an absolutely gorgeous paper from Fancy Pants. I really struggled here, I find these full on pretty backgrounds quite hard to work with as I hate covering up the pattern! Instead I just added flowers and brads to it with some scraps of patterned papers around the photograph.


The Live Laugh Love die cut is attached to a strip of patterned paper using dimensional foam so it slots in and out to make the journaling easy to access, but the foam tape means that the die cut sits just at the level I want it to on the page.


Patterned papers - Fancy Pants, Making Memories
Die cuts - Fancy Pants, Pink Paislee
Word stickers - 7Gypsies
Flowers - Prima, Making Memories
Ink - Chestnut Roan chalk ink
Brads, pins and butterfly punch for detail

You can tell this next one was started an age ago - lots of dimensional paint dots which I used to do loads! A mish mash of wonderful Heidi Grace papers, stickers, chipboard and die cuts on here.


Patterned paper - Heidi Grace
Die cuts and word stickers - Heidi Grace
Flowers - Heidi Grace
Label sticker - Jenni Bowlin
Paper frill - Doodlebug
Crystals - Prima, Making Memories, Papermania
Die cut felt - Fancy Pants
Font - Barbie


The number 7 was cut out several times on my Craft Robo, layered and attached with foam pads, with added Stickles.

And finally a page using the wonderful Prima Indeed papers (again!, I just used this range last week for my Creative Scrappers sketch page - 'tis so gorgeous though). Poor Mia was so overwhelmed on her first day of school and only big sis Chiara could console her.


Patterned paper - Prima
Cardstock - Bazzill dotted swiss
Alphabets - American Crafts, Making Memories
Flowers - Prima


The large green scalloped circle was punched from some Prima packaging.

And these are the for real ...


Cakes made by Mia (just a little help from myself). We made double the normal sponge batch from the Be-Ro book and used some oversized cake cases to make these gorgeous butterfly buns - fresh cream no less too. There were 12 when made last night. There are now 4. I think we need to do more baking tonight!

2 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

What wonderful layouts, love them. Cake looks yummy.

Em said...

Lovely layouts - makes me realise how much I miss seeing your stuff at Debden. Lost my mojo ages ago - need it back!!