Phew! Chance to get my breath back! The stamping challenges over at 2 Peas were such fun, I completed LOTS over the week.
For this I used papers by Basic Grey Sultry, stamps by Penny Black (flowers) and Hero Arts (sentiment), ribbon by Stampin' Up. I applied markers direct to the stamp (I've never been confident with this and it took a couple of goes before I was okay with it) and shaded the edges with vintage photo distress ink. The sentiment was stamped and heat embossed with an antique linen embossing powder. To finish, I simply embellished with stick on crystals, Stickles and felt photo corners die cut with Sizzix.
This was for an acetate challenge and I included a felt flower coaster (from Matalan if I remember correctly) as the main element. The background was embossed with the Cuttlebug swiss dots folder and edges machine stitched. I stamped the flowers (Hero Arts) direct onto the acetate and attached the acetate to the backing by way of threading the buttons through all layers. The sentiment was layered onto a punched scalloped circle and a couple of heart topped pins and punch out butterflies finish it off.
I have finally discovered (or should that be succumbed) to a couple of the Sugar Nellie stamps. I chose this one (and another called Catch a Falling Star) for their simple lines, figuring they would be easy to colour for myself and my kids! The ones on these cards have been paper pieced. The square card uses Scenic Route Laurel papers, Sizzix die cut felt flowers and features a pocket inside. The long card uses K&Co papers and ribbon from Stampin' Up. Sentiments are all Hero Arts. The hearts were utee'd and applied with a foam dot for extra dimension.
*cough* *splutter* too much at this house. Josh was ill last week, Mia went downhill rapidly on Sunday after going to a party. Her fever was at 40.5 degC yesterday, but what was most worrying was that she had slept constantly, not had any liquids and I couldn't get any medicine down her - neither Calpol/Nurofen for the fever nor the Epilim for her epilepsy. After speaking to pharmacist, NHS Direct and GP we were directed to Children's A&E where we had to don masks (suspected swine flu) and put in an isolation area. A nightmarish 3 hours ensued with us almost at the point of having her have suppositories for paracetamol and IV for anti epileptic medication. Such a trial. Thankfully her fever is not so bad today, took another three hours this morning to persuade her to have the Epilim and Nurofen and I dare say it will be another battle again tonight. To top it all I have got some signs of a bug now too.
Oh ... but I did spend a lovely hour or so doing a beading project with Chiara. She made a necklace for herself and I made a necklace and earrings for my mum. Will photo later. I also finished all the ironing, thought I better get it done before I was too ill to be bothered.
Gammon, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas and parsley sauce for tea. Off to get it ready now. Yum!