Christmas Eve already - Merry Christmas to you all!

A little bit more organised than my previous blog post, though if you walked through the door you wouldn't think it! DH has decided in his wisdom Christmas Eve is the best day to buy my Christmas pressies, so I have sent him out with a little list - very non crafty as I don't really want him to find out how much this scrapbooking stuff really costs!

I am just going to clear the worktop in the kitchen and gather the girls around me ready for a little baking session (yep I know most people do this before Christmas eve!) Just a couple of chocolate cakes, mince pies and either bakewells or coconut tarts, depending on what I can find lurking on the baking shelf of the larder cupboard.

I will just leave you with a couple more Christmas projects created for the Design Collective weekly extra (so these are in addition to the three classes per week). The themes over the last two weeks was Christmas memories and table decorations.

I used my Craft Robo (sigh, yes, again! saves all that loathesome handcutting) for both projects.

For the bauble shaped journal I used a template kindly provided by Tammy Birkhead aka Scramper on UK Scrappers. I cut the pages as big as possible on my little Robo (so approximately 8" across) and decorated with K&Co Peppermint Twist papers and die cuts. The snowflakes are punched out of glitter card and the centres are Stickles in a beautiful aqua colour. I am full of good intentions of actually filling the pages of this book, but it is one of those jobs for the New Year.




For the place settings I have created simple bags, decorated with a dove and an initial. These each contain a napkin and a yummy chocolate (either a Thorntons champagne or amaretto egg for the adults and Santa lolly for the kids).

Thanks to Etui22 on UK Scrappers for the dove template (unfortunately I can’t remember where the bag template came from). The dove was cut on cream card and heat embossed using a Hero Arts swirl stamp and gold embossing powder. The patterned paper and shimmer alphabet sticker are both by Making Memories. The scallop circle is a punch and the eye and dotted highlights around the circle are both Stickles.



So I know I really should be cracking on. I just wanted to come on to wish all my fellow bloggers, scrappy friends and anyone else who stops here along the highway a very Merry Christmas, happiness and good health over the holiday season.

9 comments:

Yasmin said...

Hi Suzanne
wishing you & the family a very Christmas and a happy new year.

Charlie said...

Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy and crafty 2008 to you too. Well done for baking with the girls and shame on DH - for shopping for presents this late. Hope he got you something nice.

Sharon said...

Hi Suzanne, I have just been ctaching up with your blog posts from November and December and am blown away by all your stunning projects! I especially like the unposed layout of your son using the Rouge de Garance papers and also the Christmas cards from last year aswell as all your Christmas projects using the K & Co Peppermint Twist papers. You are so talented, wish I could be as creative as you :)

I would like to take this chance to wish you a Merry Christmas and a hope that 2008 is a great year for you and your family.

Hugs
Sharon
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne,

Hope you had a great Xmas!
Wishing you a happy and creative 2008!!!

Hugs,
Marjolein

willowthewysp said...

Sorry hun, but you have been tagged!
Details on my blog:)
xx

GlitteryKatie said...

Beautiful Work Suzanne

KimberleyRose said...

Absolutely loved the products, everything is so beautiful! :0)

Thanks for sharing!
Kim

Dawn Wheeler said...

Hope you are well and looking forward to more of your wunderful crafts ,Dawnx

Gina said...

I had to pop in and visit your blog when I read on 2Peas that you also have a Chiara. We should get the little drama queens together some time. :)

I was just browsing your gallery too - you have such an amazing SB style! I'll be stalking your blog for updates.