Waiting ...

For my girls to get back from school so they can do the drawing for the Stampin' Up blog candy ...

Here are the comments all printed out and sorted into the appropriate batches (night owls and everyone else).



School finishes at 3.30 so expect an announcement before 5.00!

And this afternoon I have been playing a little again. Now the deadline has passed, I have taken the liberty of adding in a few extra embellishments (buttons, brads and gems) and a couple of sentiments stamps (non SU as I don't have any, but I can see that is going to have to be put right!). I also did some heat embossing, SU do supply Versamark, clear and white embossing powder and heat gun, all of which are what I used here.

I wanted to work with the products on some non-Christmas themed cards. The star, swirl and flower stamps lend themselves especially to other celebrations.

The star is a really fun stamp and I love that punch matches exactly. Saves on cutting out for sure. And the swirly stamp makes such a great stamped background.






I love this shade of green (green is my favourite colour anyway). Paired with white it makes for such a pretty, yet serene, combination. I made a matchbook style card so that, when opened, it displays the feature bracket to best advantage. I heat embossed the flower onto the green cardstock with clear embossing powder for the background, and again but using white embossing powder to cut out for accents. I love this! And I am so upset to be almost out of that green patterned paper, the one with the tiny snowflakes that can pass for flowers.






It was a fabulous opportunity to create with these products, so a huge thanks to Stampin' Up for their generosity in supplying these to me ... and also for offering up blog candy too. I was sent a new catalogue alongside the products and I have a lengthening shopping list. Must haves so far are the scalloped oval and scallop edge punches, designer brads - flowers, heat and stick powder and the circle of friendship stamps. Oh yes and the oval greetings to match the oval punches. Sigh. Times like this I wish I worked!

8 comments:

Steph said...

Ooo how lovely - more fab creations. Well done they're lovely.

Tanya said...

Fantastic cards!!!!

Judith said...

Nice touches x

Alex said...

Great cards Suzanne, looks like you can't get enough of crafting with your new goodies :)

Alex x

Amanda said...

Oh I love those white embossed flowers ... and the detail of the gemstones from the star. Fantastic projects...

Mrs Mayne said...

These are lovely!

Lousette said...

Oooh Suzanne, I absolutely love these cards. The stamps look great when paired with some other embellishments too.

Jenny said...

Wow they are lovely Suzanne! The star stamp is so crisp and clean isn't it, I love it. I have my goodies still perfectly positioned on my crafting table ready for round two, I just haven't made it back there yet...